"I Have a Dream"® Projects motivate and empower children from low-income communities to reach their education and career goals by providing a long-term programme of mentoring, tutoring and enrichment, along with tuition assistance for higher education.
We are unique from most other programmes in two key areas:
- Each project selects one entire Year Level from the founding Primary School, not just the talented kids or the troubled kids.
- Each project works with that same group of children from early Primary School right through to Tertiary study, i.e., for 10 to 15 years.
We combat the high school drop-out rate by taking a personal interest in the lives of students and their families, providing educational opportunities, recreational programmes, social support and financial resources that they might otherwise be denied.
Unfortunately, not every child in New Zealand is given the chance to live up to his or her potential.
New Zealand's youth, our future, deserve every opportunity for the best education possible.
We invite you to get involved with us and start making a difference today.
TV3 CAMPBELL LIVE 2012 - A Decade Long Social Experiment
TV3 THE NATION - Dreamers Academic Achievement Programme, 10 Years on
BREAKFAST - I HAVE A DREAM SCHOOL PROGRAMME SUCCESS - 2012
TEDx Auckland Presentation
Click on the links below to view the documents referenced in this video:
Open Door - Part 2
Open Door - Part 1
Documentary Video - The Power of Mentoring
TV3 Sunrise Show - I have a Dream foundation turns five
60 Minutes - IHAD 25th Anniversary
TV3 Campbell Live - Official Opening of the Dreamer Centre
Open Door Documentary
Every $ helps, thank you...
Help us grow the Dream…
Help us transform more lives...
Make a donation here…
Read more...News Blog
- Mosa Mafile'o has a Dream! 21-Oct-2013
- October 2013 Newsletter - Answers for Educational Underachievement 21-Oct-2013
- Success Story - From Shy to Shining! 17-Aug-2013
- Managing students INTO school rather than OUT: 09-Apr-2013